- OMF LITERATURE traces its roots from the Overseas Missionary Fellowship (OMF), formerly known as the China Inland Mission.
- The literature work of OMF in the Philippines began in 1954—distributing Gospel tracts and ordering materials in local languages printed in Hong Kong.
- The work grew and in 1957, with the opening of the first bookstore, OMF Publishers was established.
- In 1974, the retail and wholesale operations were separated as mandated by government regulations.
- The network of bookstores was incorporated as the Philippine Christian Literature Inc., which is now a nationwide bookstore chain of over fifty stores.
- Publishing and wholesale remained with OMF Publishers.
- In 1986, OMF Publishers was incorporated as OMF Literature Inc.
- Today, OMF LIT is thankful to be the largest publisher of evangelical Christian literature in Asia. We remain committed to serving the Church and society as an interdenominational Christian organization.